You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 445145  

Print Page

© Sir George Pollock HFRPS,FBIPP,EFIAP

IoE Number: 445145
Location: 42 AND 44 COMBE ROAD
Photographer: Sir George Pollock HFRPS,FBIPP,EFIAP
Date Photographed: 22 May 2001
Date listed: 05 August 1975
Date of last amendment: 05 August 1975
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1.COMBE ROAD823COMBE DOWNNos 42 and 44ST 7562 37/1166

1. COMBE ROAD 823 COMBE DOWN Nos 42 and 44 ST 7562 37/1166 II GV 2. Circa 1795 -1800 or more likely circa 1815. Part of a short row, formerly known as Brunswick Place. 2 storeys painted ashlar pair. The ground floor below road level on entrance front. Sill band, moulded cornice and parapet. Gable end pantile roof, corniced chimneys. One window each, no glazing bars to recessed sashes, those on 1st floor with delicate wrought iron flower guards. Double slab stone porch with reeding to front of flanking and dividing sections, reeded cornice with- blocking course swept up in small curve over centre. The parapet is inscribed "Brunswick Place" in original crisp cut lettering. Plain iron rails to area returned up shallow steps and bridge to entrance. Rear elevation also has cornice and parapet - 2 windows each, some glazing bars, centre break. Nos 42 to 52 (even) form a group with The King William IV Public House, Rock Hall Lane.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.