You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 458655  

Print Page

© Mrs Barbara A West LRPS

IoE Number: 458655
Photographer: Mrs Barbara A West LRPS
Date Photographed: 11 July 2002
Date listed: 01 May 1952
Date of last amendment: 12 December 1995
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SHEFFIELD SK28NE HARRISON LANE 784-1/4/407 (South side) 01/05/52 Fulwood Hall and attached outbuildings (Formerly Listed as: HARRISON LANE Fulwood Hall) (Formerly Listed as: HARRISON LANE Service buildings to Fulwood Hall) II House and attached outbuildings. Dated 1620, possibly incorporating parts of a C16 building, with late C19 and C20 additions and alterations. Coursed squared stone with ashlar dressings and stone slate roofs with 2 gable, 2 ridge and single side wall stacks. EXTERIOR: plinth, sill and lintel bands, coped gables with kneelers. 2 storeys. Central block has a 4-light mullioned window with a similar 3-light window to left and a datestone to right above the door. Below, a central 5-light cross mullioned window with simple stone doorcase to right and a 3-light mullioned window to left. Under this window, a cellar light. Projecting left wing has a 3-light mullioned window above and a cross mullioned 5-light window below, with a 2-light cellar window beneath it. All these windows have chamfered mullions. In the return angle, a 3-light mullioned window and a square single light window below. To right, a cross range with 2 square chamfered windows in the gable above and 2 smaller windows below. Right return has a central 2-light mullioned window flanked by similar 3-light windows. Below, similar fenestration with the right window replaced by an early C20 flat-roofed square porch with a 5-light mullioned window. All these windows have chamfered mullions. Porch left return has a door with a 3-light mullioned window to left. At the far end, beyond the left wing, a late C19 2 storey addition. Two C20 casements and below, a stable door flanked by single glazing bar casements. To left again, outbuilding range at right angles. Higher building, to right, has 4 casements, the third from left larger. Below, a door flanked to left by 2 casements and to right by a single one. Lower 2 storey carriage house, to left, has 2 small square windows and below, to right, an elliptical arched carriage opening with a recessed pair of chip-carved carriage doors. To left, a door with overlight. To right, a glazing bar casement and another door. INTERIOR has 2 ground floor rooms with fielded panelling, C17 and C18, and a Tudor arched stone doorway. Stone fireplace with moulded lintel. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Yorkshire: The West Riding: London: 1967-: 478).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.