You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 464200  

Print Page

© Mr Chris Broadribb

IoE Number: 464200
Photographer: Mr Chris Broadribb
Date Photographed: 02 June 2001
Date listed: 02 November 1972
Date of last amendment: 02 November 1972
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

YORKSE6052SWMUSEUM GARDENS1112-1/27/784Curator's House

YORK SE6052SW MUSEUM GARDENS 1112-1/27/784 Curator's House 02/11/72 GV II Formerly known as: Keeper's House adjoining south-east end of Kings Manor MUSEUM GARDENS. House, now offices and store. 1844. By JB and W Atkinson for the Curator of the Yorkshire Museum (qv). Coursed squared magnesian limestone, much re-used, with ashlar dressings; plain tiled roof with ashlar corniced stacks. Coped gables have shaped kneelers and finials like cushion capitals. STYLE: Gothic Revival. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic; 2-window gabled front to left of 1-storey 1-window front with chamfered eaves course and half-hipped attic dormer. Gabled front has board door with 4-centred head on ornate hinges in moulded architrave. Ground floor windows are mullioned and transomed, of 3 lights to left of door, 2 lights to right: other windows are of 2 mullioned lights: all mullions, transoms and openings are ovolo-moulded and all openings are square-headed and quoined. Dormer has 2-light casement window. Right return: 2-storey 1-window gabled front. Windows are of the same form as main front. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO London: 1975-: 45).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.