You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 465085  

Print Page



© Mr Dennis Carr

IoE Number: 465085
Location: GATEWAY AND BOUNDARY WALL TO SOUTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL, HAREHILLS LANE
  LEEDS, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Dennis Carr
Date Photographed: 05 April 2007
Date listed: 05 August 1976
Date of last amendment: 08 October 1996
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LEEDS SE3136 GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE, Chapel Allerton 714-1/20/1299 (South East side) 05/08/76 Gateway and boundary wall south-west of Chapel Allerton Hospital (Formerly Listed as: GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE, Chapel Allerton Gateway South West of Chapel Allerton Hospital) GV II Gateway and boundary wall. c1835. Probably by John Clark, for John Hives. Ashlar and coursed squared gritstone, wrought-iron gates. Double gates with spearhead finials and circular motifs, the piers forming flanking pedestrian archways with niches and pedimented caps, frieze with paterae. Wall to N approx 160m long and 2m high, extending to stables gateway with monolithic tapering piers with flat segmental faced capstones. Built as boundary wall to Gledhow Grove, now Weetwood Grove and Weetwood Grange (qv).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.