You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 465087  

Print Page


No Image Available

IoE Number: 465087
Location: STABLES NORTH WEST OF CHAPEL ALLERTON HOSPITAL, GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE (south east side)
  LEEDS, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: N/A
Date Photographed: N/A
Date listed: 05 August 1976
Date of last amendment: 05 August 1976
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LEEDSSE3136GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE, Chapel Allerton714-1/20/1300(South East side)

LEEDS SE3136 GLEDHOW PARK DRIVE, Chapel Allerton 714-1/20/1300 (South East side) 05/08/76 Stables north-west of Chapel Allerton Hospital GV II Stables, coach house and probably gardeners' bothey, with walls and gate piers to yard. 1835-40. By John Clark. For John Hives. Ashlar, red brick, slate roofs. Central flat archway with squat tower over in Egyptian style with battered walls, roll-moulded angles, round-arched recess with blank shield and clock, roll moulding, deep coved cornice, flat roof. To each side 2-bay single-storey former 2-storey, 3-bay gabled end wings: the fronts have a round-arched window in a recess to ground floor, similar window (altered on right) to 1st floor, with a continuous string over; facing the yard the left wing has 2 round-arched doorways with fanlights, 3 round-arched windows in pedimented dormers, 5-flue stack in the form of squat Ionic columns; the right wing has 1 doorway and 3 windows, 1 blind, 3 flat-arched windows to 1st floor. The left return of the left wing has pedimented dormer, the right return of the right wing is of red brick in English bond, stone surrounds to windows, and faces into the former enclosed garden. INTERIOR: not inspected. The wall enclosing the stable yard has a flat coping and wide monolithic pedestrian gateways to left and right of the central entrance which has battered monolithic piers with flat segmental-faced capstones. Built as stables and coach house to Gledhow Grove, now Weetwood Grove and Weetwood Grange (qv).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.