You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 465216  

Print Page



© Mrs Pennie Keech

IoE Number: 465216
Location: MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH OF WOODHOUSE CEMETERY CHAPEL, ST GEORGES FIELDS
  LEEDS, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mrs Pennie Keech
Date Photographed: 17 August 2004
Date listed: 05 August 1976
Date of last amendment: 11 September 1996
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LEEDS SE2934NW ST GEORGE'S FIELDS 714-1/71/369 Monuments approximately 10 metres 05/08/76 north of Woodhouse Cemetery Chapel (Formerly Listed as: WOODHOUSE LANE (South side (off)) Monuments at Woodhouse Cemetery) GV II Group of 4 monuments. Dated between 1841 and 1921. Carved stone. They commemorate: Ann Carr, Presidentess of the Female Revivalists Friendly Sick Society (1841); George Thwaites, innkeeper, carved with a draped mourning female figure (1855, with family to 1934); Suzannah Darby, wife of Pablo Fanque, circus performer (1848); Albert Horner (1921). One of the 6 groups of monuments left when the cemetery was re-ordered in 1965-68.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.