© Mr Dennis Carr
HEADINGLEY PARISH HALL, ST MICHAELS ROAD (south side)
LEEDS, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Mr Dennis Carr
23 October 2005
05 August 1976
Date of last amendment:
11 September 1996
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SE2735 ST MICHAEL'S ROAD, Headingley
714-1/23/828 (South side)
05/08/76 Headingley Parish Hall
(Formerly Listed as:
ST MICHAEL'S ROAD, Headingley
St Michael's School)
School, now parish hall. 1844, probably later C19 alterations.
Coursed squared gritstone, stone slate roof with kneelers and
gable copings. Single storey, 5 x 2 bays, an irregular plan of
central hall with classrooms lit by gabled mullion and transom
windows. Entrances on the S side, to right with short flight
of steps and railing, to left in a probably additional angled
and gabled bay. The right return (to St Michael's Lane) has a
4-centred arched window with Perpendicular tracery. A small
ventilation turret or bell tower to main ridge has cusped
braces and a pyramid roof.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
An example of the type of church school which benefited from
the 50% Treasury Grant initiated in 1833.