You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 465428  

Print Page



© Mr Steve Novak

IoE Number: 465428
Location: FOUNTAIN SOUTH OF TEMPLE NEWSAM HOUSE, TEMPLE NEWSAM PARK
  LEEDS, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Steve Novak
Date Photographed: 03 September 2000
Date listed: 05 August 1976
Date of last amendment: 05 August 1976
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LEEDSSE3532TEMPLE NEWSAM PARK, Temple Newsam714-1/46/1124Fountain south of Temple Newsam

LEEDS SE3532 TEMPLE NEWSAM PARK, Temple Newsam 714-1/46/1124 Fountain south of Temple Newsam 05/08/76 House GV II Fountain. 1894. Made by Andre Handyside and Co., Britannia Ironworks, Derby, who exhibited fountains at the Great Exhibition 1851. This is a design of 1874, made of cast-iron. Octagonal pedestal, lions' heads in ovals, supporting large but shallow bowl on acanthus leaf stem, from which rises 2 entwined dolphins whose tails support another smaller bowl surmounted by 2 small cherubs. The whole stands in centre of a pond in form of a Greek cross with semicircular ends to arms.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.