© Mr F. Bryan Basketter LRPS
CHURCH OF THE SACRED TRINITY, TRINITY MARKET
SALFORD, SALFORD, GREATER MANCHESTER
Mr F. Bryan Basketter LRPS
03 October 1999
31 January 1952
Date of last amendment:
31 January 1952
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SJ8398NW TRINITY MARKET
949-1/20/111 Church of the Sacred Trinity
Church, now also library and offices. 1752 with tower of 1635.
Restoration 1871-74 by Holden. Ashlar. West tower, nave and
EXTERIOR: 2-stage tower transitional Gothic-classical style,
with Decorated window divided by transom in lower stage, and
paired bell chamber lights above. Angle pilasters, and
triglyph frieze below embattled parapet with cusped finials.
Leaded spirelet with wrought-iron weather vane. Nave expressed
as 2 storeys for galleried interior, with round-arched
doorways to NW and SW with heavy voussoirs to arches and
round-arched windows with kneelers and keystones on each
floor, divided by plain string course. Modillion eaves cornice
below parapet. Chancel projects as small rectangular bay with
pair of round-headed windows with round-headed niche above,
and string course.
INTERIOR: galleried plan with aisles below gallery now
partitioned off to form separate offices. Galleries themselves
now in use as library. Moulded wood panelling to gallery and
to casing of supporting piers, with Doric columns above.
Shallow king-post and panelled roof dates from Victorian