You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 477270  

Print Page



© Mr Anthony Rau

IoE Number: 477270
Location: CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, EVERSHOLT STREET (east side)
  CAMDEN TOWN, CAMDEN, GREATER LONDON
Photographer: Mr Anthony Rau
Date Photographed: 20 June 2007
Date listed: 10 June 1954
Date of last amendment: 10 June 1954
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

CAMDENTQ2983SWEVERSHOLT STREET798-1/83/427(East side)

CAMDEN TQ2983SW EVERSHOLT STREET 798-1/83/427 (East side) 10/06/54 Church of St Mary the Virgin GV II Church. 1824-7. By H and HW Inwood. Built by IT Seabrook. Apse added 1888 by Ewan Christian, who also removed side galleries. West gallery removed and interior decorated 1890. Grey brick with stone dressings. 7 bays with aisles in thin Gothic style. Symmetrical west front with central buttressed tower having pinnacles at angles and Y-tracery louvred belfry opening; pointed arch main entrance. Tower flanked by 2 bays, outer bays having pointed arch entrances the same dimensions as the main entrance flanked by buttress terminating in pinnacles above the cornice and parapet. String course at window height continuing around the building. North facade with pointed 2-light geometrical tracery windows (narthex window with Y-tracery), flanked by buttresses terminating at the cornice above which a parapet. INTERIOR: with vaulted roof on cast-iron clustered columns. (Survey of London: Vol. XXIV, King's Cross Neighbourhood, Parish of St Pancras IV: London: -1952).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.