You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 481281  

Print Page



©  David Brogan

IoE Number: 481281
Location: WELLHOUSE IN THE CHURCHYARD, STANMER PARK
  BRIGHTON, BRIGHTON AND HOVE, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: David Brogan
Date Photographed: 12 November 2004
Date listed: 02 November 1954
Date of last amendment: 02 November 1954
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BRIGHTON TQ3309 STANMER PARK 577-1/9/1116 Wellhouse in the churchyard 02/11/54 GV II Wellhouse. Rebuilt 1838. Flint with stone dressings, roof of slate so far as visible. Square in plan. The pointed-arched entrance of much decayed dressed stone with chamfered plinth comes from an earlier building. Inside the well remains open and there is a vertical donkey-wheel of C18 date or earlier. (Carder T: The Encyclopaedia of Brighton: Lewes: 1990-).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.