© Mrs Angela Clark LRPS
THE LIGHTHOUSE, STRADBROKE ROAD (east side)
SOUTHWOLD, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK
Mrs Angela Clark LRPS
31 October 2004
22 November 1971
Date of last amendment:
30 March 2000
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
TM5076 STRADBROKE ROAD
588-1/7/131 (East side)
22/11/71 The Lighthouse
(Formerly Listed as:
Lighthouse. 1892. Rendered and whitewashed brick; outbuilding
has slate roof.
EXTERIOR: tapering tower with single-storey outbuilding
attached to rear. Entrance in outbuilding. Tower has 2-light
casements at intervals, those to the top floor with canted top
lights. Top stage has moulded cornice below railed balcony and
lantern stage: glazed circular lantern. On tower front are the
Arms of the Corporation of Trinity House.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
(Jenkins AB: A Hundred Years of Southwold in Photographs:
Southwold: 1983-: 62; Buildings of England: Pevsner N &
Radcliffe E: Buildings of England: Suffolk, 2nd Edition:
Harmondsworth: 1974-: 434).