You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 119278  

Print Page



© Mr Reginald Clark

IoE Number: 119278
Location: PUMP ON VERGE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES WEST OF GOLDSANDS ROAD, HALL ROAD
  SOUTHMINSTER, MALDON, ESSEX
Photographer: Mr Reginald Clark
Date Photographed: 11 April 2004
Date listed: 05 August 1986
Date of last amendment: 05 August 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 99 NE SOUTHMINSTERHALL ROAD8/128Pump on verge approx. 2metres west of Goldsands

TQ 99 NE SOUTHMINSTER HALL ROAD 8/128 Pump on verge approx. 2 metres west of Goldsands Road II Village pump. Circa 1832. John Richmond, Engineer. A cast iron obelisk standing on a base, the tapering sides are panelled with cornice, hipped head with acorn finial. Moulded inscriptions "Erected by The Governors of The Charter House, March 1832, and, Richmond and Son Engineers, Chelmsford", to front panels. Large plain spout to upper front panel with support ties and ring to centre. Curved handle to upper right panel. Of importance as the only known identifiable casting of the Richmond Foundry and one of only 2 obelisk survivors, the other circa 1850 at Ridgewell. "Essex and the Industrial Revolution. John Booker, E.R.O. 66. 1974."

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.