© Mr Kenneth M Walker LRPS
IMPERIAL HOTEL, AVENUE ROAD (north side)
MALVERN, MALVERN HILLS, WORCESTERSHIRE
Mr Kenneth M Walker LRPS
07 September 1999
11 May 1979
Date of last amendment:
11 May 1979
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
Malvern Girls' College
SO 74 NE 12/104
1860, by E W Elmslie. Formerly a railway hotel known as the Imperial Hotel
and the first to be lit by 'incandescent gas' and to be equipped with all types
of baths. Brine was brought specially by rail from Droitwich. Four storeys
and attics; red brick with stone dressings ; banded slate roof. Includes paired
and single windows, a 3-storey oriel with candle-snuffer roof and a tower with
pierced parapet. The windows have segmental heads and carved ornaments to
cills. Moulded strings between storeys. Seven dormers with pointed gables.
Doorway with arched dripmould with mask stops.