You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 72162  

Print Page



© Mr Eric C. Apperley

IoE Number: 72162
Location: CHURCH OF ST JAMES,
  BUTTERMERE, ALLERDALE, CUMBRIA
Photographer: Mr Eric C. Apperley
Date Photographed: 03 September 2002
Date listed: 03 March 1967
Date of last amendment: 03 March 1967
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

NY 11 NE BUTTERMERE BUTTERMERE14/78Church of St James3.3.67II

NY 11 NE BUTTERMERE BUTTERMERE 14/78 Church of St James 3.3.67 II Parish Church. 1840 with 1884 and 1933 additions. Squared stone and slate rubble, under graduated greenslate roof with coped gables. 2-bay nave with west twin bellcote, west porch and north vestry; single-bay chancel. Nave has lancet windows. Interior has C20 furnishings and fittings. East window by Henry Holiday, 1893. Stained-glass north window, 1903. Bronze plaque to Alan Catherall by his father Cyril Catherall, 1945.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.