You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 129483  

Print Page

© Mr Steve Mansfield

IoE Number: 129483
Photographer: Mr Steve Mansfield
Date Photographed: 02 July 2005
Date listed: 07 January 1974
Date of last amendment: 07 January 1974
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SOMERFORD KEYNES-SU 09 SW12/184Mill at Lower Mill Farm7.1.74II

SOMERFORD KEYNES - SU 09 SW 12/184 Mill at Lower Mill Farm 7.1.74 II Water mill on River Thames. Late C19, in use until 1947. Red brick, rendered west wall, renewed slate roof. Single range, 2 storeys and attic. Brick dentil course at eaves. Four openings, 3 casements and one door in bay 2 from left, all with cambered brick voussoirs. Door and 2 windows on ground floor and wider opening to far right with mill wheel and race behind. Stable doors to ground and first floor, blocked gabled hauling way above at eaves level. Three boarded openings to west gable. Small brick buttresses between bays on ground floor. All original machinery still in situ and in working order.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.