You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 135858  

Print Page



© Mrs Alison Parsons

IoE Number: 135858
Location: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, MILLBROOK ROAD
  SOUTHAMPTON, SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRE
Photographer: Mrs Alison Parsons
Date Photographed: 11 March 2006
Date listed: 14 February 1969
Date of last amendment: 14 February 1969
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1.MILLBROOK ROAD5239MillbrookChurch of theHoly Trinity

1. MILLBROOK ROAD 5239 Millbrook Church of the Holy Trinity SU 31 SE 9/165 14.2.69 II 2. The Parish Church of Millbrook. 1873-80 by Henry Woodyer. Built of Perbeck stone. Tall nave of 5 bays with clerestory, aisles, chancel south chapel and a north-west tower with bell openings and impressive stone spire. Lancet windows, the east window of 7 lights being copied from Oakham, Surrey. Interior has simple foliated capitals. Roof supported on angel corbels and Baldacchino over alter, probably by Comper. Stained glass windows, probably by Clayton and Bell.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.