You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 143114  

Print Page

© Mr David Easton LRPS

IoE Number: 143114
Photographer: Mr David Easton LRPS
Date Photographed: 21 May 2004
Date listed: 23 January 1986
Date of last amendment: 23 January 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.


BRAMSHOTT & LIPHOOK PORTSMOUTH ROAD SU 83 SW Liphook 6/34 No 73 23/01/86 (Little Boarhunt) GV II A small farmhouse of earlier origin, rebuilt and extended by Inigo Triggs for himself in 1910, and a representative of the romantic house of the Arts and Crafts movement. Walls of coursed sandstone, some cambered openings and some timber lintels, some tile-hanging of the upper floor and within gables, plinth. Tile roof, with hips and half-hips, gables and gablets. L-shaped building attached to the smaller earlier unit, with emphasis on length, and as symmetrical arrangement of details. The west front is of two storeys and one storey and attic, separated by a projecting gabled unit, which has an outshot to the north side containing an arched porch, and upper walls tile-hung with three levels of jetties; the north side has three above two windows, the south side three lower windows, an eyebrow dormer within the roof and upper window within a small gable, which extends to an outshot (a large porch on the garden side), also with a gable. The inner eleva- tions have plainer two-storeyed treatment, of 2.1.1 and 3 windows, with a gabled projection on the longer east facade: the eastern area (of the L-shape) ends as a single-storeyed service wing. casements. There are entrances of some variety; the main front panelled door within an archway, at the rear a doorway with a tiled hood on brackets, and archway to the service wing, a glazed door to the garden porch, and two French doors. Prominent chimneys, one with diagonal Tudor flues. Next to the front entrance, a corner stone is inscribed H.I.T. G.C.T. 1910.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.