You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 163547  

Print Page



© Mr John Riley

IoE Number: 163547
Location: MILL AT MILL HOUSE, COURSERS ROAD (west side)
  COLNEY HEATH, ST ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE
Photographer: Mr John Riley
Date Photographed: 03 May 2006
Date listed: 27 September 1984
Date of last amendment: 27 September 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TL 20 NWCOLNEY HEATHCOURSERS ROAD(west side)COLNEY HEATH11/12Mill at Mill House

TL 20 NW COLNEY HEATH COURSERS ROAD (west side) COLNEY HEATH 11/12 Mill at Mill House - - II Windmill, the sails removed c.1890. Built soon after 1862. Tarred red brick cone with cemented top. Some C20 replacement brick to ground floor. Small casement windows on 3 levels, one on W side retaining glazing bars. About 15 metres high. Known as Colney Heath Mill. (M Tomkins Hertfordshire Countryside, 1972).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.