You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 166599  

Print Page

© Mr Les Waby

IoE Number: 166599
Location: EAST MILL, WELWICK ROAD (north side)
Photographer: Mr Les Waby
Date Photographed: 29 October 2003
Date listed: 27 February 1987
Date of last amendment: 27 February 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

PATRINGTONWELWICK ROADTA 32 SW(north side)7/56Patrington Mill-II

PATRINGTON WELWICK ROAD TA 32 SW (north side) 7/56 Patrington Mill - II Windmill tower. Late C18 - early C19. Tarred red brick. Tapered round tower of 5 storeys, with segmental-headed north and south entrances with board doors to ground floor, blocked door to first floor, segmental-headed windows (some blocked) with ashlar sills to each floor. Cast-iron kerb, main beams and original floors intact, stones and machinery removed. Plaque on first floor inscribed "OPPERS. T. ROWNTREE. P. MILLERS. JE. 27. 1840". Formerly also known as East Mill. Ceased operation as windmill c1940, still used for small-scale machine grinding at time of resurvey. R Gregory, East Yorkshire Windmills, 1985.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.