You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 192088  

Print Page

© Mr John Scarbro FRPS

IoE Number: 192088
Location: THE MILL, DONINGTON ROAD (KIRTON END) (north side)
Photographer: Mr John Scarbro FRPS
Date Photographed: 04 September 1999
Date listed: 26 August 1987
Date of last amendment: 26 August 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TF 24 SE KIRTONDONINGTON ROAD(Kirton End)(north side)

TF 24 SE KIRTON DONINGTON ROAD (Kirton End) (north side) 5/36 The Mill 26.8.87 II Tower mill. 1833. Red brick, tarred. Tapering tower of 4 storeys with corbelled eaves band. To ground floor a doorway up 3 steps and 2 fixed glazing bar lights. To first floor a similar window and to second and third floor single planked openings. All openings have segmental brick heads. Interior not inspected. No machinery remains, only 3 stones. It was erected to replace a post mill and worked until c.1936 when the sails were removed. Source: P. Dolman.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.