You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 196260  

Print Page



© Mr John Scarbro FRPS

IoE Number: 196260
Location: STICKNEY MILL, OCCUPIED BY MILL HEAD ENGINEERING, MAIN STREET (east side)
  STICKNEY, EAST LINDSEY, LINCOLNSHIRE
Photographer: Mr John Scarbro FRPS
Date Photographed: 12 May 2001
Date listed: 17 March 1988
Date of last amendment: 17 March 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TF 35 NWSTICKNEYMAIN STREET(east side)4/47Stickney Mill,occupied by

TF 35 NW STICKNEY MAIN STREET (east side) 4/47 Stickney Mill, occupied by Mill Head Engineer- ing II Tower windmill now store. 1842. Tarred red brick. Embattled parapet, rebuilt at a later date. 5 storeys. The west side with single glazing bar casement and 4 Yorkshire sashes above, one over the other, all windows with segmental arches. Over the second floor opening is a plaque inscribed 'W.B. 1842'. The south and north sides with single similar sashes and the east side with 4 similar sashes, one over the other. No milling machinery survives internally. Built for William Balderston. Source: Peter Dolman. Lincolnshire Windmills, a Contemporary Survey.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.