You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 197901  

Print Page



© Mr Peter D. Dewar

IoE Number: 197901
Location: HARRISONS MILL, ROMAN BANK (east side)
  LONG SUTTON, SOUTH HOLLAND, LINCOLNSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Peter D. Dewar
Date Photographed: 01 November 2006
Date listed: 06 May 1982
Date of last amendment: 26 November 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LONG SUTTONROMAN BANKTF 4222-4322(east side)12/55Harrison's Mill(formerly listed as

LONG SUTTON ROMAN BANK TF 4222-4322 (east side) 12/55 Harrison's Mill (formerly listed as dis-used windmill tower at No.56 Roman Bank) 6/5/82 II Tower windmill. Built for Charles Treffitt 1843. Red brick. Moulded brick eaves. Circular, 6 storeys. The south side with first, second and third floor window openings. The west side with doorway with part glazed double doors, over are single window openings on each floor. North side has single window openings to the first, second and third floors and the east side single window openings to the first, second, third, fourth and fifth floors. All openings under segmental arches. Interior of mill not inspected but reputed to contain remains of wooden upright shaft, some tentering gear and the remains of a hurst on the ground floor, however no shaft visible from the exterior. Source: P. Dolman, Lincolnshire Windmills - a Contemporary Survey.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.