© Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
WAREHOUSES A, B, C, D AND E, CANNING PLACE
LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE
Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
07 September 1999
28 June 1952
Date of last amendment:
19 June 1985
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SJ 3489 ALBERT DOCK
30/40 Warehouse A
Place with other
Warehouse to south end of east side of dock. 1841-5. J.
Hartley. Iron frame and brick with stone dressings, iron
clad roof. 5 storeys, 17 bays, with 7 x 3-bay recess;
facade to dock has recessed ground floor with Doric
colonnade of iron columns above rubble granite dock wall.
Rusticated quoins and parapet. Segmental-headed windows,
those to east are mostly blind. War damage at north end
remains unrepaired, revealing structure. Albert Dock is one
of the earliest enclosed docks in the world and is a
complete example of the type.