© Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
WAREHOUSES A, B, C, D AND E, CANNING PLACE
LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE
Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
07 September 1999
28 June 1952
Date of last amendment:
19 June 1985
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SJ 34 89 ALBERT DOCK
30/41 Warehouse B & C
Place with other
Warehouses to south and west of dock. 1841-5. J. Hartley.
Iron frame and brick with stone dressings, iron clad roof.
5 storeys, L-plan building, 47 bays to Gower Street with 1st
4 bays recessed. 2 recesses of 9 x 6 bays; 55 bays to west
facade with 3 recesses of 9 x 5 bays. Facade to dock has
recessed ground floor with Doric colonnade of iron columns
(2 granite columns to angle) above granite rubble dock wall.
Quoins and top parapet. Segmental-headed windows. 2
entrances to Gower Street have granite gate piers. Albert
Dock is one of the earliest enclosed docks in the world and
is a complete example of the type.