© Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
WAREHOUSES A, B, C, D AND E, CANNING PLACE
LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE
Mrs Anne Gilmore LRPS, CPAGB
07 September 1999
28 June 1952
Date of last amendment:
19 June 1985
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SJ 3489 ALBERT DOCK
30/43 Warehouse E
Place with other
Warehouse to north end of east side of dock, now housing
shopping arcade. 1841-5. J Hartley. Iron frame and brick
with stone dressings. 5 storeys, 17 x 7
bays with recess to east. Quoins and parapet, facade to dock
has recessed ground floor behind Doric colonnade of iron
columns above granite rubble dock wall. Segmental windows.
Albert Dock is one of the earliest enclosed docks in the
world and is a complete example of the type.