You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 222013  

Print Page



©  Graham Brown LRPS

IoE Number: 222013
Location: THE MILL AT TF 6314 1678, WEST WINCH
  WEST WINCH, KINGS LYNN AND WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK
Photographer: Graham Brown LRPS
Date Photographed: 09 September 1999
Date listed: 20 June 1988
Date of last amendment: 20 June 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

WEST WINCHWEST WINCHTF 61 NW4/80The Mill atTF 6314 1678-II

WEST WINCH WEST WINCH TF 61 NW 4/80 The Mill at TF 6314 1678 - II Windmill, c.1821. Tarred brick in English bond, onion cap with fantail and 2 sails. 5 floors; third floor with balcony and doorway to east; 4 openings to south with segmental head and glazing bars; second floor with similar opening to south-east. Ground floor doorway to west; doorway with loading balcony renewed to first floor north-west. Interior: some milling equipment remaining. Attached house to north rebuilt, hipped roof with notch for sails. House contains large bread oven c.2.5 x 1.8 m. The mill was in use until 1937.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.