© Mr Roger Hamilton
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS,
BRINTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK
Mr Roger Hamilton
25 August 2006
06 March 1959
Date of last amendment:
06 March 1959
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
TG 03 NW BRINTON SHARRINGTON
Church of All Saints
Parish church. Nave and chancel of C1300 with later details, C14 Decorated west
tower. Flint and stone dressings with leaded roof. Four stage tower with ashlared
plinth and diagonally set west buttresses. West door with 2-light window above; sound
hole slits, string course, 4 curvilinear bell windows with 4 trefoil headed lancets
above. Parapet. Nave and chancel undifferentiated. C1300 piers and arches of 3 bay
of demolished aisles built into walls. Nave north wall two 3-light Perpendicular and
one triple lancet window; nave south wall one 3-light Perpendicular, one single lancet
and one Y tracery window. Priest's door. C1300 intersecting tracery east window and
angle piscina in chancel. Sedilia is flat stone seat in window embrasure. C19 arched
braced roof on alternate long and short wall posts on C19 carved corbells. C19 font.
Four small C15 and C16 brasses.