You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 225678  

Print Page

© Mr E.M Trendell ARPS

IoE Number: 225678
Photographer: Mr E.M Trendell ARPS
Date Photographed: 12 February 2003
Date listed: 11 September 1951
Date of last amendment: 11 September 1951
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

5321 SCOLEBILLINGFORD COMMONBillingfordBillingford WindmillTM 17 NE 25/1511.9.51

1. 5321 SCOLE BILLINGFORD COMMON Billingford Billingford Windmill TM 17 NE 25/15 11.9.51 II+ Circa 1862, On site of earlier post mill blown down in storm in 1860. The present tower mill ceased work in 1956 and was the last mill to operate by wind in Norfolk. Brick. Circular on plan. Five storeys. Segmental headed window and doorway openings. Ground and first floor doors. Cap, fan and sails, and machinery complete and in working order.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.