© A G Lucas LRPS
WINDMILL COTTAGE, STATION ROAD (west side)
FINEDON, WELLINGBOROUGH, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
A G Lucas LRPS
30 August 1999
09 June 1970
Date of last amendment:
09 June 1970
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
FINEDON STATION R0AD
SP97SW (West side)
2/48 Windmill cottage
Windmill, now house. c.1818, altered mid C19 by E.F. Law for William
Mackworth-Dolben. Squared coursed ironstone with ashlar dressings and C20
plain-tile roof. Circular plan. 4-storey tower. Single, 2- and 3-light
stone-mullion windows to ground first and second floors respectively.
Single-light gabled window to front and rear of fourth stage and corbelled and
castellated parapet; all probably by Law. Single storey one-window range to left
has ashlar gable parapets. Circular inscribed tablet above ground floor window
is former millstone with inscribed letters 'REST'. Other inscribed tablets 'WHI
and MD' and 'Ex Mill Cottage'. C20 extension to right. Interior not inspected.