You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 245634  

Print Page



© Mr John O'Brien

IoE Number: 245634
Location: THE MARTYRS MEMORIAL, ST GILES STREET (west side)
  OXFORD, OXFORD, OXFORDSHIRE
Photographer: Mr John O'Brien
Date Photographed: 02 May 2004
Date listed: 12 January 1954
Date of last amendment: 12 January 1954
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

MAGDALEN STREET148The Martyrs' MemorialSP 5106 NW 5/13612.1.54.II*

MAGDALEN STREET 1. 148 The Martyrs' Memorial SP 5106 NW 5/136 12.1.54. II* 2. By Sir Gilbert Scott, 1841. Repaired circa 1920 and cleaned and partly restored 1949. Built in Permian dolomite and Bath stone. It is a Gothic design of the Queen Eleanor Cross type. Forms the Southern terminal to St Giles' street.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.