You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 261646  

Print Page



© Mr Peter McLaren

IoE Number: 261646
Location: WEST BLOCK (FORMER STABLE), REDLYNCH PARK HOUSE,
  BRUTON, SOUTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Peter McLaren
Date Photographed: 21 August 2003
Date listed: 28 November 1980
Date of last amendment: 28 November 1980
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BRUTON CPST63SEREDLYNCH5/196West Blockformer stable), Redlynch ParkHouse

BRUTON CP ST63SE REDLYNCH 5/196 West Block former stable), Redlynch Park House 28.11.80 GV II Stables, Coach House and Servants' Wing; formerly one of two matching; First half C18, modified 1913; built by Nathaniel Ireson of Wincanton for Lord llchester. Local stone cut and squared with Doulting stone dressings; hipped Welsh slate roof with stone slate base courses, behind parapets on South and East faces; red brick chimney stacks. 'U'-plan; 2 storeys with attics, South facade of 11 bays, of which the outer pairs project slightly. Plinth, lower cill course, eaves band course and panelled solid parapets, rusticated quoins; 12-pane casement windows, top halves pivotted, to ground floor, including bay 6, formerly a doorway, all set in plain ashlar surrounds with flat triple keystoned heads; above 6-light sash windows in plain surrounds; clock tower to centre of roof with lead covered cuboid base, clock dial on South, with octagonal lead roofed timber bill turret open on 4 main faces, surmounted by small windvane; lead rainwater stackheads, one on East side dated 1902. Windows on West face have simple frames, cruciform below, with almost square leaded panes - probably original form; to first floor at North end plain door and hoisting tackle above; similar leaded windows to inner courtyard. Interiors not accessible. Block undergoing conversion to flats, (October 1983).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.