You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 266855  

Print Page



© Ms Geraldine Bunn LRPS

IoE Number: 266855
Location: THE RECTORY,
  TRUDOXHILL, MENDIP, SOMERSET
Photographer: Ms Geraldine Bunn LRPS
Date Photographed: 09 May 2003
Date listed: 27 November 1984
Date of last amendment: 27 November 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST74SETRUDOXHILL CPMARSTON BIGOT7/158The Rectory-

ST74SE TRUDOXHILL CP MARSTON BIGOT 7/158 The Rectory - - II Rectory. Circa 1839 by Edward Davis of Bath for the Duke of Cork and Orrery of Marston House. Squared and coursed Doulting, hipped slate roof, wide eaves, ashlar stacks. "L"-plan, Italianate. 2 and 3 storeys, irregular fenestration; sash windows with marginal lights, those to ground floor have cornices on brackets. Semi-circular head door opening in aediculated surround, paired 4-panelled doors. Stair light to roof made up of 3 semi-circular headed openings to each side under a hipped roof. Interior contains doors, fireplace, plasterwork and cantilever staircase of the period.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.