You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 285428  

Print Page



© Mr Hubert Smith

IoE Number: 285428
Location: BURGH MILL, MILL HILL (west side)
  BURGH, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK
Photographer: Mr Hubert Smith
Date Photographed: 16 August 2006
Date listed: 31 August 1988
Date of last amendment: 31 August 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BURGHMILL HILLTM 25 SW(West Side)2/64Burgh MillG.V.II

BURGH MILL HILL TM 25 SW (West Side) 2/64 Burgh Mill G.V. II Tower mill. Dated 1842. By John Whitmore, millwright of Wickham Market. White Flemish bond brick. Seven floors. Battered walls. Openings to four sides with some blocked openings to the top 3 stages and all having cambered heads and cross windows. Spalled brick to the upper body. Cap, sails and all internal machinery removed. To the north and adjoining the body of the mill is a 2-storey store building and adjoining the west is an engine house.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.