You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 292106  

Print Page



© Mr Clive Read LRPS

IoE Number: 292106
Location: THE OLD MILL, WHATLINGTON ROAD
  BATTLE, ROTHER, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Clive Read LRPS
Date Photographed: 21 April 2001
Date listed: 03 August 1961
Date of last amendment: 13 May 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 7416-7516BATTLECALDBEC HILL40/35The Old Mill(formerly listed underWhatlington Road)

TQ 7416-7516 BATTLE CALDBEC HILL 40/35 The Old Mill (formerly listed under Whatlington Road) 3.8.61 II Originally called King's Head Mill. Dated 1810. Smock mill, converted into a house. Ground floor originally tarred brick, now greatly enlarged to form a house. Above faced with sheets of metal. Beehive shaped cap, which is weather- boarded. Modern windows. Sweeps and fantail restored. Modern additions to south west.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.