You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 292798  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Hubbard

IoE Number: 292798
Location: FOUNDERS HILL,
  CHAILEY, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Peter Hubbard
Date Photographed: 11 May 2004
Date listed: 27 September 1979
Date of last amendment: 27 September 1979
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

CHAILEYNORTH COMMON5206Chailey Windmill,New Heritage,Heritage Crafts School

CHAILEY NORTH COMMON 1. 5206 Chailey Windmill, New Heritage, Heritage Crafts School TQ 32 SE 2/42 II 2. Known as Founders Hill 1830. Re-erected on present site 1864. Smock mill. Restored in 1933 after damage by a great gale in 1928. Octagonal roundhouse of tarred brick with platform above. Faced with weatherboarding above. Boat-shaped cap. Sweeps without shutters. Fantail intact. No machinery inside.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.