You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 297843  

Print Page


No Image Available

IoE Number: 297843
Location: CLIMPING MILL, CLIMPING STREET
  CLIMPING, ARUN, WEST SUSSEX
Photographer: N/A
Date Photographed: N/A
Date listed: 05 June 1958
Date of last amendment: 05 June 1958
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 00 SWCLIMPINGCLIMPING STREET16/3505.6.58Climping Mill

TQ 00 SW CLIMPING CLIMPING STREET 16/350 5.6.58 Climping Mill II Originally a windmill, built in 1799. Smock type. Only the ground and first floors now remain, faced with flints and weather-boarding. The remainder was demolished in 1954. To the south was a mid-C19 mill-house. Two storeys. Four windows. Faced with cobbles with red brick dressings, quoins and flush stringcourse. Tiled roof. Glazing bars intact. In 1954 this was joined to the remains of the mill by a curved porch with one storey over. Architect Sir Richard Garton.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.