© Gill Cardy ARPS
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, CHURCH STREET (south side)
BRADFORD ON AVON, WEST WILTSHIRE, WILTSHIRE
Gill Cardy ARPS
10 June 2001
18 April 1952
Date of last amendment:
18 April 1952
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
1. CHURCH STREET
5411 (South Side)
Holy Trinity Church
ST 8260 2/16
Parish Church, consisting oF:- Nave with north aisle, Chancel, south porch,
Chantry Chapel at south-esst corner of nave and tower with short spire
at western end. Church dates from C12, enlarged and altered C14 and C15.
Some Norman work remains - flat buttresses and round-headed windows with
internal splays. Some Decorated and Perpendicular windows. Battlemented
parapets to tower, nave and chancel. Interior has exceptionally long
squint (nearly 20 feet). Two C14 recessed tombs with effigies, good head
of C13 effigy with coif and wimple, and portions of early C16 rood loft.
The whole building was considerably restored in 1860's.
All the listed buildings in Church Street the Chantry Little Chantry,
Barton Orchard and the Catholic Church of St Thomas More, Market Street
form a group with No 7 and Nos 9 to 19 Barton Orchard, Nos 5 and 6 and
27 to 31 (consec) and wall Newtown.