You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 339119  

Print Page



© Mr Norman Hurst

IoE Number: 339119
Location: GREY STONE AND BARN, GREY STONE LANE
  TODMORDEN, CALDERDALE, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Norman Hurst
Date Photographed: 19 March 2005
Date listed: 22 February 1984
Date of last amendment: 22 February 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SD 92NETODMORDEN (former M.B.)GREYSTONE LANESD 9592603/125Grey Stone and attachedbarn

SD 92NE TODMORDEN (former M.B.) GREYSTONE LANE SD 959260 3/125 Grey Stone and attached barn II House with attached cottages and barn. A long range dating fron the late C17 to the early C19. The core is the farmhouse of 2 cells with a 3rd added to left; then the barn; then the cottage. Large dressed stone to main range, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Coped gable with kneelers. 2-light chamfered window lacking mullion with 2-light sash window over. Doorway with composite jambs and low arch to lintel. Double chamfered mullioned window of 6 lights with king mullion with 4-light chamfered window retaining king mullion only. Single storey gabled porch bears date 1789. Double chamfered mullioned window of 4 lights retains king mullion only, with 3-light chamfered mullioned window (one mullion removed). Square headed lintel to barn which has semi-circular cart entry with composite jambs. Doorway with composite jambs and chamfered window lacking mullions. Cottage is in hammer-dressed stone and has higher roof line than main range. Early C19 doorway with monolithic jambs and 5-light flat faced mullioned window with same over, both lacking mullions. Coped gable with moulded kneelers. Cottage has 2 gable stacks, 2 other stacks to ridge originally on gables of main house. The earliest deed for the property is dated 1675.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.