You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 359314  

Print Page



© Mr David Cross

IoE Number: 359314
Location: CHURCH OF SAINT ANDREW, RODNEY STREET (east side)
  LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE
Photographer: Mr David Cross
Date Photographed: 05 December 2002
Date listed: 28 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 28 June 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SJ 3590 SW RODNEY STREET(east side)L154/967Church of

SJ 3590 SW RODNEY STREET (east side) L1 54/967 Church of 28.6.52 Saint Andrew G.V. II* Presbyterian Church. 1823. John Foster. Stone front, stuccoed sides. Recessed Ionic portico in antis, the portico surmounted by a balustraded attic. The flanking bays are crowned by small towers with saucer domes, having a window in each face in Corinthian aedicules. Ground floor has blind windows in battered architraves and 4 entrances (2 in porch returns) also battered architraves. Returns have round headed windows on 2 levels. (In 1984, interior is gutted by fire, 1 tower and balustrades have collapsed.) A distinguished building in a desperate condition.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.