You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 359422  

Print Page



© Mr Patrick Norris

IoE Number: 359422
Location: THE FRIARY OR THE GLEBELANDS, 1 ST MICHAEL'S CHURCH ROAD
  LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE
Photographer: Mr Patrick Norris
Date Photographed: 30 June 2001
Date listed: 28 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 28 June 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SJ 3687ST. MICHAELSCHURCH ROADL1736/1068No. 1 (The

SJ 3687 ST. MICHAELS CHURCH ROAD L17 36/1068 No. 1 (The Friary or The Glebelands) 28.6.52. G.V. II House. c.1815 or before for John Cragg. Stucco with slate roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays, nearly symmetrical. 1st bay and last 2 bays project under gables; central bay is gabled and has 2-storey porch with diagonal buttresses, cornice and embattled parapet. Windows have label moulds, those to central 3 bays have 2-light casements with cusped pointed lights and iron cames to diamond panes; 1st bay has canted 2-storey bay window, sashes with glazing bars and pointed upper panes. Last 2 bays have similar windows. Entrance has paired doors each with 2 pointed panels. Plain rounded reveals.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.