You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 37283  

Print Page

© Mr Nigel Ward LRPS

IoE Number: 37283
Photographer: Mr Nigel Ward LRPS
Date Photographed: 07 September 1999
Date listed: 07 May 1952
Date of last amendment: 07 May 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

STEVINGTONPARK ROADSP 955E(West Side)8/538Stevington Windmill7.5.52

STEVINGTON PARK ROAD SP 955E (West Side) 8/538 Stevington Windmill 7.5.52 - II* Post-mill dated 1770 on one of the crosstrees. Rebuilt 1921 and restored in 1951. Two-storey body, timber-framed with pitch pine weatherboarding. Gambrel corrugated iron roof. Four common sails (no longer covered). Internal machinery completely restored and in workable order. Roundhouse around base was probably added in C19, rubble with tile roof. This is the only complete windmill left in Bedfordshire and probably the last windmill in England to work with four common sails. (Beds C.C. - Stevington Windmill 1975).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.