You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 380748  

Print Page



© Mrs Joy Roddy LRPS

IoE Number: 380748
Location: PATENT SLIP AND QUAY WALLS, UNDERFALL YARD
  BRISTOL, BRISTOL, BRISTOL
Photographer: Mrs Joy Roddy LRPS
Date Photographed: 04 August 1999
Date listed: 30 December 1994
Date of last amendment: 30 December 1994
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BRISTOLST5772UNDERFALL YARD, Floating Harbour901-1/41/1315Patent slip and quay walls

BRISTOL ST5772 UNDERFALL YARD, Floating Harbour 901-1/41/1315 Patent slip and quay walls GV II Patent slip and quay walls. Mid C19, restored 1888. Granite and Pennant rubble. 1 in 14 inclined slip with rails and timber cradle on wheels, drawn by an electric winch. Quay walls extend approx 50m along frontage of the Underfall Yard. HISTORICAL NOTE: Built on land reclaimed behind Jessop's 1809 Overfall Dam, originally part of the c1850 Nova Scotia Yard, purchased by the Docks Committee in 1880. Capable of raising a load of 250 tons. (Lord J and Southam J: The Floating Harbour: Bristol: 1983-: 65).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.