You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 388173  

Print Page



© Mr John Riley

IoE Number: 388173
Location: COLONNADE BY LAKE TO SOUTH OF HEATON HALL, HEATON PARK
  MANCHESTER, MANCHESTER, GREATER MANCHESTER
Photographer: Mr John Riley
Date Photographed: 29 January 2005
Date listed: 25 February 1952
Date of last amendment: 25 February 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

MANCHESTERSD80SWHEATON PARK, Crumpsall698-1/2/625Colonnade by lake to south of Heaton

MANCHESTER SD80SW HEATON PARK, Crumpsall 698-1/2/625 Colonnade by lake to south of Heaton 25/02/52 Hall GV II* Colonnade, formerly part of facade of original Manchester Town Hall, removed and re-erected here 1912. c.1822-24, by Francis Godwin. Sandstone ashlar. Ionic style. Four giant fluted Ionic columns in antis, flanked by one-bay screens which have pairs of pilasters with palmette and anthemion enrichment to the caps and the frieze, a doorway at ground level and a coved niche above with a statue, all under a heavy entablature with egg-and-dart string, and cornice and parapet.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.