You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 388874  

Print Page



© Ms Pamela Jackson LRPS

IoE Number: 388874
Location: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, ASHTON ROAD (west side)
  OLDHAM, OLDHAM, GREATER MANCHESTER
Photographer: Ms Pamela Jackson LRPS
Date Photographed: 08 April 2001
Date listed: 23 July 1992
Date of last amendment: 23 July 1992
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

OLDHAMSD90SWASHTON ROAD, Bardsley780-1/3/12(West side)

OLDHAM SD90SW ASHTON ROAD, Bardsley 780-1/3/12 (West side) 23/07/92 Church of the Holy Trinity II Parish church. 1844. By Starkey and Cuffley. Coursed and squared rusticated rubble with Welsh slate roofs. West tower, nave with 2 aisles and transepts, chancel with vestries each side. Heavy Romanesque style. 3-stage west tower with round-arched doorway with triple stepped shafts and interlaced lancet tracery and windows above, then clock. 2-light round-arched roll-moulded bell-chamber lights. Heavy strap-work to parapet. Clasping buttresses form pinnacles. Round-arched western aisle windows, with chevron moulding following line of parapet above. Each aisle divided into 4 bays, each with a shallow segmental arch sprung between pilasters, containing a single round-arched windows with shafts and chevron moulding to continuous hood mould. Similar wider segmental arch housing west windows of transepts. Triple light north and south windows to transepts with plain roll-moulding, and rose-window in gable apexes. Gabled vestries each side of chancel, that to south possibly a later addition. Stepped round-arched east windows to chancel with plain moulding. Billet moulding following line of parapet over. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner, Nikolaus: South Lancashire: Harmondsworth: 1969-).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.