You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 39805  

Print Page



© Mr John Rendle

IoE Number: 39805
Location: DREWEATTS BRIDGE AND LOCK AT SU 411673,
  HAMSTEAD MARSHALL, WEST BERKSHIRE, BERKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr John Rendle
Date Photographed: 24 January 2004
Date listed: 06 December 1990
Date of last amendment: 06 December 1990
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

The following structure shall be added to the list:SU 46 NWHAMSTEAD MARSHALLKENNET & AVON CANAL15/26Dreweatts Bridge andGVlock at SU 411673

The following structure shall be added to the list: SU 46 NW HAMSTEAD MARSHALL KENNET & AVON CANAL 15/26 Dreweatts Bridge and GV lock at SU 411673 II Accommodation bridge and integral lock. Late C18, C20 alterations. Rennie's standard design. Brick bridge with single elliptical arch, band, solid parapet and piers, with brick, stone and cement coping. Integral brick lock walls to W. Lock has brick chamber with brick and stone coping. Stone quoins to gate recesses. 2 sets of double wooden gates; top gates with mechanical ground paddle gearing, bottom gates with hydraulic gate paddle gearing. 2, early C20, GWR weight restriction signs, 1 at NE corner, 1 at SW corner of bridge. Cast-iron, lozenge-shaped signs with raised lettering, mounted on iron stanchions. The Kennet & Avon Canal was constructed between 1794-1810. John Rennie was principal engineer.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.