You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 416832  

Print Page



© Mr John Giles

IoE Number: 416832
Location: WATERMILL WITH TOWER WINDMILL AND INCLUDING MILL BRIDGE ATTACHED TO WEST OF MILL HOUSE,
  BURNHAM OVERY, KINGS LYNN AND WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK
Photographer: Mr John Giles
Date Photographed: 16 April 2007
Date listed: 01 March 1985
Date of last amendment: 01 March 1985
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TF 84 SW BURNHAM OVERY BURNHAM OVERY TOWN 6/75 Watermill with tower windmill and including mill bridge attached to west of Mill House G.V. II Watermill with tower mill attached. Watermill dated 1737 on west gable, tower mill datestone "EB, Peace, 1814". Red brick, red pantiled roof, weatherboarded additions, black tarred brick tower mill. 1737 build of 2 storeys, later third storey perhaps 1814, tower 5 storeys. North front obscured by brick and weatherboarded addition of c.1920 built up on line of 2 arch mill bridge with keystone dated 1753. Weatherboarded gabledlucam hoist. South front to mill pond has ground floor lean-to at east, 2 windows to west, first floor lean-to pent-house roof to west, single window to east, second floor 3 windows with cantilevered bay connecting with third floor of tower mill. Connected at east to the Mill House (q.v.) by 2 storey link block. Interior has machinery including undershot waterwheel (by Whitmore and Binyon?) of Wickham Market, Suffolk. Tower mill attached at west has south door with datestone, 4 2-light casements above. Cap and sails removed, no machinery surviving.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.