You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 422040  

Print Page


No Image Available

IoE Number: 422040
Location: MARBURY HALL, HOLLINS LANE (off)
  MARBURY CUM QUOISLEY, CREWE AND NANTWICH, CHESHIRE
Photographer: N/A
Date Photographed: N/A
Date listed: 10 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 10 June 1952
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

MARBURY CUM QUOISLEY C.P.(Off) HOLLINS LANESJ 54 NE2/60Marbury Hall10-6-52GVII

MARBURY CUM QUOISLEY C.P. (Off) HOLLINS LANE SJ 54 NE 2/60 Marbury Hall 10-6-52 GV II Small country house. c.1806. Red Flemish bond brick, painted, with ashlar dressings and a slate roof with lead flashings. Two storeys. Entrance front: seven bays symmetrically disposed. Slightly projecting plinth. The central, slightly recessed, bay has engaged antae to either side of the opening with a simplified entablature above. To the opening are half-glazed doors of oak brought from Eaton Hall, Nr.Eccleston. Within the recessed porch is a 1/2-glazed door with lights to either side and a segmental fanlight above. To either side are segmental bow windows each incorporating 3 bays, which at ground floor level consist of deep sash windows of 3 x 2 sash panes falling to the level of the plinth. To the first floor are seven sash windows of 3 x 2 panes. Deep eaves and a hipped roof to either side of which are chimney stacks, of 3 flues at right and 5 flues at left. At left and slightly recessed is a service wing of four bays with 2-light and single-light C20 windows at right and a C20 lean-to glazed porch at left with a blocked window above. The right hand side has two first floor windows of 3 x 2 sash panes. Rear: 3 bays symmetrically disposed with central projecting bay with doorway having a segmental relieving arch over and a moulded wooden door surround incorporating a rectangular overlight with fan-shaped glazing bars. To either side of this are tri-partite windows with segmental relieving arches above, that at left having later C19 French windows to the centre and that at right having a C20 window. Moulded wooden lintels to both windows. To the first floor at centre is a staircase window of 4 x 4 panes with segmental head. To either side and set slightly higher in the walling are windows of 3 x 2 horned sash panes. Above the central bay was originally a portion of parapet. To the right is the service wing of two lower storeys with French windows at left and a cambered-headed sash window of 3 x 2 panes with a stone sill. Two similar windows to the first floor.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.