You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 436070  

Print Page



©  Tyrone M. McDonald LRPS, LZPS

IoE Number: 436070
Location: ST MARY EXTRA CEMETARY CHAPELS, PORTSMOUTH ROAD
  SOUTHAMPTON, SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRE
Photographer: Tyrone M. McDonald LRPS, LZPS
Date Photographed: 09 September 1999
Date listed: 08 October 1981
Date of last amendment: 08 October 1981
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1.PORTSMOUTH ROAD5239SholingSt Mary ExtraCemetery Chapels

1. PORTSMOUTH ROAD 5239 Sholing St Mary Extra Cemetery Chapels SU 41 SE 11/199 II 2. Built in 1879 by W. H. Mitchell. A pair of chapels, one Anglican and one Dissenting joined in the middle. Red brick with blue brick patterns. Slate - roof with bands of fishscale tiles decorative ridge tiles and cross-shaped saddlestones. The Anglican chapel is apsidal-ended. Central gable with bellcote and paired entrances beneath. Four lancet windows in all separated by brick buttresses.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.