© Mr Andrew Crompton LRPS
PURITAN CHAPEL, OTLEY ROAD (north side)
BRAMHOPE, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Mr Andrew Crompton LRPS
01 August 1999
22 November 1966
Date of last amendment:
22 November 1966
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
BRAMHOPE OTLEY ROAD
SE 24 SW
LS 16 (north side)
5/110 Puritan Chapel
22nd November 1966
Puritan chapel. 1649; altered and restored. Coursed squared sandstone,
stone slate roof. Rectangular plan on east-west axis. One storey and
5 bays. South side has windows (a) and doorways (b) in sequence
a - b - a - a - b - a; segmental-headed doorways with moulded surrounds,
deeply-recessed windows of 2, 3, 3 and 3 round-headed lights with hollow
spandrels and chamfered mullions; 5 courses of different masonry finishing
the wall on this side. West gable wall has a 2-light window like the others,
and gable bellcote (probably C19). East gable has a similar 5-light window.
North side has three 2-light windows, and to left and slightly above that in
the centre a single round-headed light.
Interior: 4 king-post roof trusses with V-struts, one pair of trenched
purlins; furnished with original fittings, including panelled box pews,
octagonal pulpit with sounding boards, and wooden coat hooks on both side
walls; snall octagonal stone font on 3-stage pedestal; various wall
monuments, including arched recess near east end of north wall, with effigy
of recumbent female figure.